Call for Applications for Appointment as Director of Operations – Centre for Applied Research Innovation In Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUST
The Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA) is an interdisciplinary Centre of Excellence established at the University to conduct applied research, educational programs, and professional development and training courses in Health and Agricultural Supply Chains. CARISCA is the premier BRIDGE-TRAIN Programme of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in sub-Saharan Africa dealing with supply chain innovation activities in the health and agriculture sectors. The Centre has a vacancy for a DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS to be based in its secretariat at the KNUST School of Business, KNUST.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, Planning, Project Management or related fields from a recognised institution of higher education.
- Five to eight years of operations and supervisory experience.
- Significant experience of progressively being responsible for major project administration, including at least five years of supervisory experience.
- Self-starter, proactive planner, and organizer with a commitment to ongoing learning and development.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and management.
- Experience in training and mentoring others (one-on-one and in groups).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Cross-cultural communicator.
- Strong ICT skills including high degree of proficiency in word processing, presentation, spreadsheet applications and Google Sheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Experience of creating and managing complex work plans and budgets.
- Experience working with multiple executives and academics.
- Understanding of higher education institutions.
- International development experience.
- Event planning and organizing experience is a plus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the Director of Operations are as follows:
- Support the Project Director in all project management and administrative efforts;
- Supervise administrative staff of the Centre;
- Ensure resources are appropriately allocated and used in compliance with the Cooperative Agreement with USAID;
- Collaborate with CARISCA Director to provide oversight and coordination of all formal budget, procurement, and related reporting and administrative requirements throughout the duration of the project;
- Ensure CARISCA activities follow KNUST procedures;
- Support the Centre Accountant to ensure that all required financial documentations (including receipts, invoices) are collated and filed;
- Work closely with the Centre Director and Centre Accountant to ensure that all proposed costs and purchases are allowable, allocatable, fair and reasonable for specific work done and are in compliance with the subaward agreement;
- Serve as the principal point of contact with Centre partners on all matters pertaining to the sub-award contract documentation, ensuring that required information and documentation are rapidly and proactively processed;
- Use social capital and influence with key stakeholder groups including Government of Ghana officials and KNUST senior management to facilitate CARISCA’s strong partnerships with key institutional stakeholders in Ghana;
- Play a mentorship role to key personnel involved in the operational activities of the Centre.
- Ensure that all data sharing and dissemination activities at the Centre follow USAID guidelines and protocols.
- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the centre’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated while also identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Implement policies and procedures that guide day-to-day operations of the centre.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Centre Director.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are requested to email the under listed documents in one (single) PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com not later than FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2022, 17:00GMT.
- A cover letter;
- A detailed CV including the contact numbers and email addresses of two (2) referees;
- Personal philosophy/Motivation Statement (500-700 words); and,
- relevant certificates.
The Deputy Registrar
Human Resource Development Division
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
Call for Applications for SEED Student Initiative Founder at KNUSTRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Divine Kwaku AhadzieRead More
KNUST-Enfoni Graduation PhotoshootRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Innovations ManagerRead More
Call for Applications for “H2O for Life” Summer SchoolRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Christian AgyareRead More
Call For Applications for MTN Bright Scholarship Reloaded for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
Celebration of the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development (IYBSSD-2023)Read More
Call for Applications for Appointments of Project Officers – Mastercard Higher Institution Health Collaborative ProjectRead More
2023 Virtual Graduation Ceremonies for Ministry of Health Training InstitutionsRead More