KNUST has its own private security service. Security personnel are located at various vantage points across campus all day and night to ensure the safety of all members of the University community. The mission of the KNUST Security Service is to maintain a safe and secure campus by providing quality policing. To ensure maximum safety however, the University community also has a role to play.
Security Tips on Campus
- Remember to lock your door whenever you are leaving your room
- Change promptly the lock in your door when your key is missing; report the incident
- Lock your door when asleep.
- Record the registration number of every commercial vehicle you board during your rounds.
- Never board a taxi with all-male occupants already in. Beware also of taxis with a female passenger and two or more male occupants. The female passenger may be used as a decoy to rob you.
- As much as possible, patronize the campus shuttle vehicles
- Always walk in pairs, or in groups and at well-lit areas.
- Avoid using isolated footpath and short-cuts.
- Avoid the services of Errand Boys; they may monitor your movements and rob you later or give information to their accomplices.
- Do not entertain hawkers in the Halls; they may be criminals.
- Beware of the type of friends you entertain in your rooms; they may be predators and criminals.
- Beware of travel agents on campus; some are fraudsters.
- Report every unusual occurrence promptly to the security office for immediate assistance.
KNUST Security Service, Kumasi - Important Telephone Numbers
- KNUST Security (Hotline) 03220-62999
- Police Buffalo 03220-33545
- KNUST Security (Office) 03220-60229
- Police Information 03220-22323
- KNUST Police Station 03220-60051