Call for Applications for Appointment as Career Services Manager – Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUST
The Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA) is an interdisciplinary Centre of Excellence established at the University to conduct applied research, educational programs, and professional development and training courses in Health and Agricultural Supply Chains. CARISCA is the premier BRIDGE-TRAIN Programme of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in sub-Saharan Africa dealing with supply chain innovation activities in the health and agriculture sectors. The Centre has a vacancy for a Career Services Manager to be based in its secretariat at the KNUST School of Business, KNUST.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment as a Career Services Manager at 100% FTE within the Centre for Applied Research and Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUST School of Business. This position is contingent on availability of grant funding. The present grant end date is June 3, 2025. The Career Services Manager will be the administrative head of the CARISCA Career Services Office. The focus of this office is to provide career support services (including career related counselling) for CARISCA and KNUST school of Business (KSB) undergraduate and postgraduate students. The goal of this office is to provide personalised career support services to develop the best prepared student job seekers and to attract Ghanaian and international employers to recruit business and management (including supply chain) graduates.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in Human Resource/Personnel Management, Counselling Psychology, or a related discipline.
- Five or more years related experience, preferable in a higher education environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use Google Workspace.
- Strong communication, observational and listening skills.
- The ability to motivate and build a rapport with students and corporate executives.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Empathetic, non-judgmental and ethical approach to work.
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Career Services Manager will:
- coordinate and communicate with KNUST Career Services unit to understand the University’s strategic vision of increasing employability of KNUST graduates;
- liaise with CARISCA ICT team to create a career services website (including a job portal) that links national and international employers with CARISCA and KNUST School of Business undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- provide input and feedback regarding the content of the career services website and office publications;
- lead in the incorporation of new print and internet-based resources into the provision of career services;
- develop and implement a marketing plan to recruit employers and students to the career services;
- develop and coordinate strategies for job search skills building, resume writing, job-application assistance, mock interviews, mentorship, internship programs coordination and career counselling for CARISCA and KSB undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- lead in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to maintain optimal functioning of the career services office;
- monitor and report the services provided and activity levels within the career services office to CARISCA leadership and partners;
- develop and implement a training plan for staff of the career services office, provide orientation and training to new staff members, including performance reviews for staff
- provide drop-in and individual career counselling to CARISCA and KSB undergraduate and graduate students with a wide range of career related concerns;
- represent the career services office at campus/community functions including establishing policies and procedures related to career fairs, career-related events on campus, and on-campus interviewing;
- develop and implement career assessment instruments to be used to evaluate job applicants career prospects; and,
- perform any other duties as may be assigned by the CARISCA Centre Director.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are requested to email the under listed documents in one (single) PDF file to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, December 2, 2022, 17:00GMT.
- A cover letter;
- A detailed CV including the contact numbers and email addresses of two (2) referees;
- Personal philosophy/Motivation Statement (500-700 words); and,
- relevant certificates.
The Deputy Registrar
Human Resource Development Division
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag, University Post Office
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
2023/2024 Undergraduate Admissions - College of Science and EngineeringRead More
Hackathon for University StudentsRead More
10th KNUST Summer SchoolRead More
18th International Biometric Society Sub-Saharan Africa Network (IBS-SUSAN) Biennial ConferenceRead More
Call for Facilitators - Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUSTRead More
32nd Christof Heyns African Human Rights Moot Court CompetitionRead More
Admission into PhD, MPhil, and MSc Programmes in Engineering for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for SRC-KBN Scholarship for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for KNUST Bursary for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Public Lecture by Chancellor of MITRead More