Call for Applications for PhD Funding Under the German-West African Centre for Global Health and Pandemic Prevention (G-WAC)
The German-West African Centre for Global Health and Pandemic Prevention (G-WAC) is hosted by the College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana. The Centre collaborates with the Technical University Berlin, Charité-University of Medicine Berlin and University of Bonn, Germany.
The Centre aims to address the existential threat of pandemics to the health and welfare of people through trans- and inter-disciplinary research projects targeting both the main drivers of pandemics (e.g. health impact of wild habitat encroachment, extensive agriculture and climate change, transfer of pathogens from wild animals to humans) and the key pillars of resilient health systems in the WHO framework (e.g. effective governance, sustainable financing mechanisms, appropriate human resource capacity, availability of essential medicines and technology, reliable health information, and responsive health service delivery) using One Health approaches.
G-WAC is admitting it’s second cohort of PhD students to conduct research under the following thematic areas.
- Health Systems & Health Economics
- Digital Health
- Community Engagement & Social Sciences
- Epidemiology & Surveillance
- Virology & Diagnostics
- Bacteriology & Parasitology
Who can apply
- Applicants from the West African sub-Region
- Applicants with a Master’s degree (MSc, MPhil and MPH) or equivalent in Public health, Veterinary, Medical, Natural, and Social sciences
- Applicants with proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged
- Only participants who meet the above requirements will be shortlisted and interviewed
- Interviews shall be conducted after the submission deadline
- Successful applicants shall be notified two weeks following the interview
- Applicants who do not submit applications to The Graduate School, KNUST will NOT be shortlisted
From the German Federal Foreign Office (AA) through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Global Centres and covers tuition, travel, accommodation, and some research-related costs for a period of three (3) years.
How to apply: Two applications are required
- email@example.com or +233 (0) 32 219 217 (8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday)
Deadline: 30th September, 2022
Disclaimer: The information on the types of funding offered by G-WAC has been compiled with the greatest possible care. Nevertheless, G-WAC cannot guarantee that the information is correct or complete. Therefore, you should contact the email and/or phone number provided in the programme description to inquire about the current terms and conditions and about what the programme offers before you submit your application.
Call for Applications for SEED Student Initiative Founder at KNUSTRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Divine Kwaku AhadzieRead More
KNUST-Enfoni Graduation PhotoshootRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Innovations ManagerRead More
Call for Applications for “H2O for Life” Summer SchoolRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Christian AgyareRead More
Call For Applications for MTN Bright Scholarship Reloaded for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
Celebration of the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development (IYBSSD-2023)Read More
Call for Applications for Appointments of Project Officers – Mastercard Higher Institution Health Collaborative ProjectRead More
2023 Virtual Graduation Ceremonies for Ministry of Health Training InstitutionsRead More