Call for Applications for Appointment as Project Accountant at KNUST Engineering Education Project
World Bank Africa Centres Of Excellence for Impact Project: KNUST Engineering Education Project, College of Engineering, KNUST, Kumasi
Applications are invited from qualified persons for appointment as Project Accountant at the KNUST Engineering Education Project.
Job type: The Contract is for a period of 4 years.
Date for commencement of work: As soon as practical
Remuneration: Salary and conditions of service are attractive
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Accounting & Finance
- Membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG)
- Computer literate with at least two years of experience in project accounting
- Knowledge and experience in accounting and financial management practices
- Advanced working knowledge of performance measurements and quality service principles to ensure delivery of capital projects accounting services to meet established standards.
- Working knowledge of University accounting, payroll, personnel, material management policies and procedures
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- A project management qualification such as PMP and working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
Responsibilities of Project Accountant
- Keep all financial records on the project
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports to the funding Agency
- Preparation of payment vouchers in accordance with project requirement
- Prepare returns on all advanced funds and expenses
- Assist with procurement in accordance with project requirements
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statement,
- Keeping of project asset register
- Preparation of budget and budgetary controls to assist management in decision making
- Prepare annual audited accounts and publish on the Centre’s website
- Provide sound financial management and engage with students, researchers and partners for the smooth running of project activities
- Coordinate with the project manager and monitoring and evaluation personnel to provide advice on project risk (financial health)
- Link up with Office of Grants and Research (OGR) and provide relevant project financial information into the Grants Accounts Management System (GAMS)
- Provide advice on priorities for the achievement of project deliverables
- Provide general assistance to the Centre Leader
Mode of Application
- Interested Candidates are to complete Application Forms online (Here!)
- Completed Application Forms with Curriculum Vitae, two (2) Referees Report and photocopies of relevant Certificates should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, January 29, 2021.
The Deputy Registrar
Human Resource Development Division
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Only short-listed applicants will be called for interview.
Call for Applications for Appointments at the School of Veterinary MedicineRead More
Admission of Candidates to Higher Degree Programmes for the 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for Full Scholarship; PhD Programme in Climate Change and Land Use 2021 AdmissionsRead More
Call for Applications for Appointments at KNUST Obuasi CampusRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Project Accountant at RWESCKRead More
Call for Abstracts - 9th KNUST CoHS Biennial Scientific ConferenceRead More
Call for Applications for AppointmentsRead More
Call for Applications for Kingdom Books and Stationary Bursary for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
2021 Special Congregation (Virtual)Read More
List of Pre-Qualified Applicants for SONSOL Project (One Needy Student, One Laptop)Read More