Call for Applications for Appointment as Activity and Evaluations Manager USAID/West Africa ASSESS Project
USAID/West Africa Analytical Support Services and Evaluations for Sustainable Systems in Agriculture, Environment and Trade (ASSESS) project is seeking candidates for Activity and Evaluations Manager. The project is based in Accra Ghana and covers West Africa countries receiving funding from United States Agency for International Development, West Africa Regional Economic Growth Office (USAID/WA/REGO). The ASSESS project provides program evaluations and research, monitoring, knowledge, and information management (including learning events), and other support services to USAID/WA/REGO. The project is implemented by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in partnership with The University of Rhode Island (URI), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and other partner Universities in the U.S. and West Africa.
The Activity and Evaluations Manager is a local hire recruitment (i.e., recruited in Ghana and based in Ghana). Any nationality is eligible to apply under these conditions if the candidate has, or can obtain, legal status to work in Ghana.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
Basic Functions/Purpose of Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), the ASSESS Activity and Evaluations Manager will help carry out all Commissioned Activities (CAs). S/he is responsible for the preparation and finalization of Scopes of Work (SOW), assists in the coordination and implementation of CAs on Evaluations, Studies, M&E capacity support services, and Knowledge and Information Sharing. S/he will work closely with the CA Team in the development of methodologies, coordinate the logistics for field visits, appointments, and interviews with different stakeholders in the participating countries, support the technical experts in the field with data collection (quantitative/qualitative), support the CA Team with data analysis using appropriate statistical procedures, coordinate the development and maintenance of evaluations database for future use in relation with the ASSESS M&E team, and perform other related duties and activities assigned by the COP.
- Coordinate and oversee preparation and implementation of CAs;
- Develop and update CA implementation procedures in relation with USAID/WA/REGO Teams and ASSESS partners.
- Help carry out CAs – in all project components.
- Develop Response SOWs with corresponding budgets for CAs for USAID’s approval
- Assist the COP to monitor all technical steps in evaluation and CA implementation as per the SOW.
- Train and field appropriate local hires (survey supervisors, surveyors, local experts, etc.).
- Manage technical and operational support for evaluation and study teams (International Expert hired by ASSESS partners), and for other ASSESS activities.
- Develop and maintain the ASSESS Experts Database in relation with ASSESS partners.
- Provide support to University partners in the hiring and mobilization of CA Experts and ensure consistency in the use of experts for evaluations (Baseline, Midline, and Final) and studies.
- Develop progress updates on CAs for monthly meetings with USAID
- Contribute to annual work planning sessions including budget preparation, and support development of the project’s quarterly and semi-annual reports for submission to USAID
- Provide field technical support to CA teams;
- Assist the COP and ASSESS partners to ensure quality and timeliness of evaluation reports and other project products.
- Provide technical support in the design of evaluation methods based on USAID guidelines and directives, and within the SOW approved by USAID West Africa.
- Work closely with the commissioned expert(s) and M&E team to finalize the evaluation matrix with well-defined evaluation sub-questions, indicators and data sources, and methods for collection and analysis.
- Assist the CA team in the design of sampling approach for each evaluation or study and assist in the coordination of data collection and analysis in the field, including reports, secondary and primary data at the Implementing Partner and beneficiaries’ level.
- Provide technical support to the CA evaluation or study team while in the field in the progressive preparation and compilation of evaluation reports.
- Coordinate and ensure scheduling and high-quality execution of CA team briefings with USAID.
- Ensure that the different information collected and analyzed through CAs are capitalized and prepared for policy briefs and communication purposes.
- Coordinate the ASSESS technical staff and experts’ team in relation to the preparation and implementation of learning events and other Knowledge and Information Sharing Activities.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, Development Planning, Social Sciences, or a related area.
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in evaluation, research, or project management in Africa. Experience working in multiple countries in the region is a plus.
- Languages: Proficiency in spoken and written English. French is a plus.
- Travel: Ability to travel frequently within the West Africa region as needed.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae in English, describing how his/her skills and experience match the requirements of the position, by e-mail with “ASSESS Activity and Evaluations Manager” in the subject line to Kim Kaine - email@example.com, copy to Meimuna Diakite (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than Friday, December 18, 2020.
The ASSESS project is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of affirmative action.
Call for Applications for the position of Internal Auditor the Tek Cooperative Credit UnionRead More
Call for Applications for the position of Manager the Tek Cooperative Credit UnionRead More
Call for Applications for the Position of Vice Chancellor, University of the GambiaRead More
Call for Applications for AppointmentsRead More
Call for Innovative Business IdeasRead More
Graduate Employability Ideas Competition 2021Read More
Call for Applications for appointment as Research and Training CoordinatorRead More
Call for Applications for the Appointment of a Dean at the School of Public HealthRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2021/2022 Academic YearRead More
Admission of Candidates to Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the 2021/2022 Academic YearRead More