Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree (PhD) programmes in the College of Engineering for 2019/2020 Academic Year
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates (Foreign Applicants Only) for admission to research and higher degree (PhD) programmes in the College of Engineering.
2020 January Admission into PhD Programmes in Engineering
World Bank Africa Centres of Excellence Project
The College of Engineering, KNUST, has received funding from the Government of Ghana as part of the World Bank Africa Centres of Excellence (ACE) for Development Impact Project. Within this project, the College seeks to deliver high quality postgraduate courses, conduct and disseminate applied research focused on addressing development challenges related to industrialisation, digital development, ICT, energy systems, renewable energy and manufacturing.
PhD Programme Fellowships
The College, through the School of Graduate Studies, KNUST is pleased to announce the availability of limited partial funding to pursue 3 Years Full Time programmes in the following:
- PhD Bioengineering
- PhD Computer Engineering
- PhD Materials Engineering
- PhD Telecommunications Engineering
- PhD Scientific Computing and Industrial Modelling
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply to take advantage of the funding opportunities available.
In conformity with the entry requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate should have a minimum of:
- Good Master’s degree with a Cumulated Weighted Average (CWA) of at least 60. Please refer to (POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BROCHURE) for specific requirements related to the programme being applied for.
- Age limit is 40 years
- Candidates from non-Anglophone countries must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or British Council, IELTS) with above average score or be available to attend a three (3) months English language course at KNUST.
- Candidates with one publication in a journal as first author have an advantage.
- Evidence of current and previous employments.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Applicants (International) must apply online. International applicants who are admitted will be required to pay an application fee of USD 200.00 before registration.
- Candidates should proceed to online admissions website: https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/ and begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT 2 COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with all relevant documents (Photocopies of Certificates, Recommendation Letters, and Transcript for those attending KNUST for the first time) to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies
Deadline for the submission of application forms is Monday, 6th January, 2020.
Application forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Only candidates who successfully gain admission will be notified subsequently.
Call for Research Concept Notes: African Superfoods - Increase Added Value and Food Applications Using EnzymesRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree (PhD) programmes in the College of Engineering for 2019/2020 Academic YearRead More
7th ARSO Continental Essay CompetitionRead More
Public AnnouncementRead More
2019 Special CongregationRead More
Call for Applications for Appointments as CoachesRead More
Call for Applications for Appointments at the University HospitalRead More
Admission of Candidates to BSc. And Diploma Top-Up Programmes in Nursing, Midwifery, Emergency Nursing and Community Health Nursing for the 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More