Call for Applications for Appointment as Innovations Manager
KNUST COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING INNOVATIONS MANAGER
The College of Engineering (CoE), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is the premier college in the University since the inception of the University in 1952.
The College has an aim to become the leading Africa Engineering College in the next decade and this can only be achieved by focusing on key focal areas such as Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
In view of this, it has become imperative to employ a full time Innovations Manager to spearhead the activities of the Innovation Centre
ROLES OF THE INNOVATION MANAGER
- Lead the design and implementation of programmes that enhance innovation and critical thinking.
- Serve as the key focal person for Innovation Challenges
- Coordinate seminars and symposia with industry partners to advance innovative projects
- Lead training programmes that the centre undertakes such as 3D Printing, coding hubs, makers’ fair
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students who patronize the centre
- Prepare a yearly plan for project targets and performances
- Plan and lead possible spinoff technologies from the centre
- Implement business, financial and operational best practices that will lead to the financial viability of the centre
- Identification of strategic partners both internal and external that can propel the fast growth of the centre
- Responsible for conducting primary and secondary market analysis to identify new trends in the innovation culture to ensure that we are in line with the current best practices
- Take undergraduate and postgraduate students through the innovation cycle and guide them in the establishment of start-ups
- Submit a monthly report to the management team
- A postgraduate degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of community engagement and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience with writing for the web.
- Ability to plan and execute events and community activities.
- Ability to identify narratives and help people communicate their work and impact.
- Ability to work with multiple audience groups.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and execute productively.
- Strong analytical, IT and administrative skills including experience in database manipulation and website maintenance
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a signed cover letter addressed to the Project Lead, KEEP to email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
The appointment is a contract appointment for 1 year which is renewable after satisfactory performance.
Deadline for application is on Friday, 10th March 2023.
Call for Applications for SONSOL Project for Postgraduate Students for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
KNUST Ranks Number One (1) Globally in Terms of (SDG 4) Quality EducationRead More
Call for Applications for SONSOL (Support One Needy Student with One Laptop) Project for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Michael Poku-BoansiRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Appointment of Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) – Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUSTRead More
PhD Poster PresentationRead More
Call for Applications for Scientific Ambassadors for Sustainable Transition (AMBITION) in Europe and AfricaRead More
Admission of Candidates into Bachelor of Science Top-Up Programmes in Nursing, Midwifery, Emergency Nursing and Public Health Nursing for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
KNUST Research WeekRead More