Call for Applications for Appointments at the University Information Technology Service (UITS)
FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, invites applications from qualified persons for appointment as DEPUTY DIRECTOR of the under listed Divisions/Units in the UNIVERSITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICE (UITS) with effect from JANUARY 01, 2022.
- Software Development;
- Network Operations and Infrastructure;
- User Support Services;
- Information Security and Technology Assurance;
- System and Data Management;
The respective Divisions are expected to perform the following functions:
- Software Development Division is responsible for developing software and providing support services on software related issues for the University.
- Network Operations and Infrastructure Division is responsible for operations and management of both physical and logical network infrastructure of the University. The Division is also responsible for procurement activities including preparation and processing of equipment; IT Procurement Planning; Standards Determination; Specifications Development; Manufacturer Research and Selection; Value Analysis; Inventory Control and Stores.
- User Support Services Division is responsible for providing IT support services and managing the KNUST IT Support Centre and all IT laboratories in the University.
- Information Security and Technology Assurance Division is responsible for developing and implementing IT Policies; coordinating the technology mission of UITS; conducting relevant research; and undertaking quality control and assurance of IT systems and infrastructure.
- System and Data Management Division is responsible for the installation of servers and system maintenance at the University Data Centre; Cluster Management; update and upgrade of operating systems; and maintenance of sever applications.
Qualification and Experience
The Applicant must:
- have served in a University or analogous institution for a minimum of FIVE (5) years as Senior Systems Analyst or equivalent or a minimum of EIGHT (8) years post-qualification experience in a highly reputable and recognized practicing ICT firm, industry, or in the public service;
- possess professional certificate or final examination certificate of any relevant professional bodies; and,
- possess first Degree in computing related field and relevant Postgraduate degree(s) and must be experienced in the field of computing with exemplary experience;
The person to be appointed as Deputy Director shall be the Head of a Division of the University Information Technology Services (UITS) and responsible to the Director, UITS. He/She must:
- be dynamic, self- motivated, and competent with proven ability;
- be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- have the ability to exercise sound judgment;
- exhibit high sense of initiative, and managerial and organizational skills; and,
- be digitally literate.
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be TENURED.
- The Salary and Conditions attached to the Post are attractive.
Interested persons are required to submit an Application Letter together with Certificates, Curriculum Vitae including Names and Addresses of Two (2) Referees.
Applications should be marked “APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS DEPUTY DIRECTOR, UITS” and forwarded to reach the email address below, not later than Friday, August 27, 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.
Call for Applications for Appointment as a Project Manager For RWESCKRead More
Call for Applications for ACCESS Virtual Stay Sponsorships 2021Read More
70th Anniversary Book Cover Design ContestRead More
Internal Advertisement: Call for Applications for AppointmentsRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Director, Institute of Distance LearningRead More
Call for Applications to PhD and MSc Programmes for 2021/2022 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for Appointments at BIRDRead More
Call for Applications for Appointments at the Department of PharmacologyRead More
Call for Applications for Appointments at the School of Veterinary MedicineRead More
Call for Applications for Appointments at the School of Public HealthRead More