Call for Applications for Appointment as Dean, Faculty of Law
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI
THE Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, announces a vacancy for the appointment of DEAN, FACULTY OF LAW effective, JANUARY 01, 2022.
The Dean is the Head of the Faculty. He/She shall be responsible to the Provost for providing leadership to the Faculty; and, for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the Faculty in accordance with policies and procedures instituted by the University.
- Must be a distinguished scholar with evidence of considerable experience in an Academic Institution or analogous organisation.
- Must possess a TERMINAL DEGREE.
- Must have capacity to motivate and direct Staff; and must be above reproach.
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and the capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
- Must be visionary and able to establish rapport between industry and allied institutions and the University for common purpose.
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
- Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities for the Faculty.
- Must be able to serve a minimum of a Full Term of THREE (3) YEARS before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60).
- Must be a qualified/distinguished Legal Practitioner registered with the General Legal Council and a Member of the Professional Body.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for three (3) Years, altogether making a maximum of six (6) years. The candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the six-year term before attaining the statutory retiring age of 60.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the Faculty.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address, not later than FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2021:
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
UNIVERSITY POST OFFICE
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
2021 Special CongregationRead More
Call for Applications for ACCESS International Summer School 2022Read More
The African Impact Challenge 2022Read More
Vacancy for Position of Executive Secretary, Vice-Chancellors, Ghana (VCG) (Internal Advert)Read More
Call for Applications for Doctoral Thesis SupervisionRead More
Admission of Candidates to Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Project Manager at RWESCKRead More
'The Powerhouse' Art ExhibitionRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Technician – KNUST Bottling Limited CompanyRead More