Call for Application for Appointment: Research Faculty Positions at Centre For Applied Research Innovation In Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUST
The Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA) is an interdisciplinary Centre of Excellence established at the University to conduct applied research, educational programs, and professional development and training courses in Health and Agricultural Supply Chains. CARISCA is the premier BRIDGE-TRAIN Programme of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in sub-Saharan Africa dealing with supply chain innovation activities in the health and agriculture sectors. The Centre has vacancy for two (2) Research Faculty positions. This is a full-time position that is expected to run from the date of appointment to June 3, 2025.
Qualification and Experience
- PhD in supply chain and logistics management or related disciplines
- Applicants who are about to defend their PhD thesis in the related disciplinary areas stated above are welcome to apply
- International development and research network experience
- Google Workspace experience
- Mixed-method research design experience
Skills and Expectations
- Demonstrate intense and burning commitment to academic and policy research in agriculture/health supply chain
- Research driven individual with a strong ability to publish in leading scholarly and practitioner outlets
- Strong interest in stakeholder engagement and research communication
- Strong commitment to timely delivery of project workplan outputs and submission of Monthly Technical and other Reports
- An advocate on cross-cultural communication
- Desirous to learn new tools (learning new programs/software) accessible to all CARISCA staff
- Self-starter, proactive planner, and organizer
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Contribute to developing research strategies on agriculture/health supply chains at the CARISCA Centre in consultation with the Centre Director;
- Promote and advance research-led education in agriculture/health supply chains;
- Provide technical support to Senior Technical Advisors (STAs) at the Centre to develop and obtain necessary approvals for academic curriculum for agriculture/health supply chains;
- Support STAs to define agriculture/health supply chain research agenda for CARISCA, and actively participate in the conduct of such research;
- Work with STAs to develop strategies to raise the profile of supply chain innovation and technology research in the wider agriculture/health supply chains research community;
- Provide leadership and direction to post-doctoral researchers, postgraduate students and research assistants/associates in the conduct of research;
- Identify sources of external funding for research, write grant applications to support agriculture/health supply chains research, produce abstracts for national and international presentation and write peer-reviewed papers on relevant topics and other impactful publications (Manuals, Tools, Policy Briefs, Articles for the Print Media);
- Participate actively as a member of interdisciplinary research teams and play a mentorship role to ensure constant development of team members’ research skills.
- Collaborate with the Gender and Inclusion team to ensure that female and other disadvantaged groups are fully and equitably involved in all agriculture/Health supply chain research activities; and
- Participate fully in assigned Centre team meetings and assignments.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are requested to email the under listed documents in one (single) PDF file to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, December 2, 2022, 17:00GMT.
- A cover letter;
- A detailed CV including the contact numbers and email addresses of two (2) referees;
- Personal philosophy/Motivation Statement (500-700 words); and,
- relevant certificates.
The Deputy Registrar
Human Resource Development Division
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag, University Post Office
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
2023/2024 Undergraduate Admissions - College of Science and EngineeringRead More
Hackathon for University StudentsRead More
10th KNUST Summer SchoolRead More
18th International Biometric Society Sub-Saharan Africa Network (IBS-SUSAN) Biennial ConferenceRead More
Call for Facilitators - Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUSTRead More
32nd Christof Heyns African Human Rights Moot Court CompetitionRead More
Admission into PhD, MPhil, and MSc Programmes in Engineering for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for SRC-KBN Scholarship for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for KNUST Bursary for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Public Lecture by Chancellor of MITRead More