International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP 3+1+1) Scholarships at Arizona State University (ASU-USA)
MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM AT KNUST-ASU
In line with our goal to raise transformative leaders to influence change on the African Continent, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at ASU and KNUST aims to develop a cohort of students in a 3+1+1 International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP) to contribute to the industrial and the social-economic development of Ghana, Africa and other nations by providing (a) academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education; (b) recruit outstanding students who will learn and develop community engagements, and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa; and (c) provide mentoring and cultural transition services that ensure the scholar’s academic success
The Scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies.
For the 2018/2019 Academic Year Application,
- All applicants must be in one of the following programs of study;
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics (BIT)
- Business Finance
- All Applicants must be in their third year of study.
- All Applicants must have a minimum CWA of Sixty-Five (65.00).
- The Applicant must have No Outstanding Trails.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
How to Apply:
Download a copy of the 2018/2019 application form (Here).
Submit the completed application form by hand to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Applications close at 17:00 GMT, Friday, 9th November, 2018
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel set up by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of ALL examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants, will be conducted before selection is approved.
- Successful candidates would begin the second phase of the application process conducted by ASU
PLEASE NOTE WELL:
- There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
- The decisions of the SELECTION COMMITTEE, also constituted by the Vice Chancellor are FINAL.
- Award of the Scholarship will be published on the University’s website at the end of the recruitment cycle.
- Telephone numbers and email addresses provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance, please contact the Secretariat on: +233-206-030-790/ +233-3220-62975 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2019/2020 Academic Year (EIST)Read More
Admission of Candidates to Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the 2019/2020 Academic Year- Obuasi CampusRead More
Appointment of Project Manager and Project Accountant at TRECK, KNUSTRead More
Appointment of Project Manager and Project Accountant at the Africa Centre of Excellence (ACE) for Engineering Education and Research, KNUSTRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2019/2020 Academic YearRead More
Appointment of Medical OfficersRead More
Applications are Invited from Suitably Qualified Candidates for Admission into Bachelor of Education (B.Ed. Junior High School Specialism)Read More
Call for Applications for AGEA Summer School 2019Read More
Call for Applications for Standard Chartered Scholarships for 2018/2019 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for 3 PhD PositionsRead More