International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP 3+1+1) Scholarships at Arizona State University (ASU-USA)
MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM AT KNUST-ASU
In line with our goal to raise transformative leaders to influence change on the African Continent, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at ASU and KNUST aims to develop a cohort of students in a 3+1+1 International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP) to contribute to the industrial and the social-economic development of Ghana, Africa and other nations by providing (a) academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education; (b) recruit outstanding students who will learn and develop community engagements, and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa; and (c) provide mentoring and cultural transition services that ensure the scholar’s academic success
The Scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies.
For the 2018/2019 Academic Year Application,
- All applicants must be in one of the following programs of study;
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics (BIT)
- Business Finance
- All Applicants must be in their third year of study.
- All Applicants must have a minimum CWA of Sixty-Five (65.00).
- The Applicant must have No Outstanding Trails.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
How to Apply:
Download a copy of the 2018/2019 application form (Here).
Submit the completed application form by hand to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Applications close at 17:00 GMT, Friday, 9th November, 2018
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel set up by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of ALL examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants, will be conducted before selection is approved.
- Successful candidates would begin the second phase of the application process conducted by ASU
PLEASE NOTE WELL:
- There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
- The decisions of the SELECTION COMMITTEE, also constituted by the Vice Chancellor are FINAL.
- Award of the Scholarship will be published on the University’s website at the end of the recruitment cycle.
- Telephone numbers and email addresses provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance, please contact the Secretariat on: +233-206-030-790/ +233-3220-62975 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Appointment of Head of Security ServicesRead More
Appointment of University Relations OfficerRead More
Sale of Application Forms for Undergraduate Top-Up Programmes, IDLRead More
Appointment of Director, Institute of Educational Studies, KNUSTRead More
International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP 3+1+1) Scholarships at Arizona State University (ASU-USA)Read More
Admission of Candidates to BSc. and Diploma Top-Up Programmes in Nursing, Midwifery, Emergency Nursing and Community Health Nursing for the 2019/2020 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for S.T. Nankani Scholarships for 2018/2019 Academic YearRead More
Bioinformatics Workshop on ENSEMBLRead More
Notification of Election of Pro Vice-ChancellorRead More
Call for Applications for Edu Fondazione Scholarship for 2018/2019 Academic YearRead More