Call for Applications for Appointment as Director General - Technology Consultancy Centre
The General Conference of UNESCO has designated the Technology Consultancy Centre (TCC) of KNUST as a UNESCO Category II Centre of Excellence in Engineering Innovation, Manufacturing, and Technology Transfer with a geographical scope covering the whole of Africa. The Council of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, therefore, announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public, vacancy for the position of DIRECTOR GENERAL of the TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANCY CENTRE (TCC).
The Director General is the Head of the Centre. He shall be responsible for providing leadership to the Centre and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the Centre in accordance with the objectives of the Centre and procedures prescribed by the Act and Statutes of the University.
- Must be a distinguished scholar with a minimum of PhD Degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Must be a citizen of a member state of Africa.
- Must possess excellent communication in either English or French and a fair knowledge in the other.
- Must possess inter-personal skills.
- Must have expertise and practice in engineering and related areas.
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills and must be above reproach with capacity to motivate and direct staff.
- Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities for the Centre.
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS in the first instance before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60) for public office holders. The appointment may be subject to renewal for another term of Four (4) Years (after evaluation of performance) altogether making a maximum of Eight (8) Years. The Candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the Eight-Year Term.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with Six (6) copies of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Two (2) Referees; and,
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the Centre.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “APPLICATION FOR DIRECTOR GENERAL, TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANCY CENTRE to reach the following addresses, not later than Monday, 28th November 2022
c/o The Registrar
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
University Post Office
c/o The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Call for Applications for SEED Student Initiative Founder at KNUSTRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Divine Kwaku AhadzieRead More
KNUST-Enfoni Graduation PhotoshootRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Innovations ManagerRead More
Call for Applications for “H2O for Life” Summer SchoolRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Christian AgyareRead More
Call For Applications for MTN Bright Scholarship Reloaded for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
Celebration of the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development (IYBSSD-2023)Read More
Call for Applications for Appointments of Project Officers – Mastercard Higher Institution Health Collaborative ProjectRead More
2023 Virtual Graduation Ceremonies for Ministry of Health Training InstitutionsRead More