Admission of Candidates to Limited MPhil and MSc Engineering Programmes for the 2020/2021 Academic Year
Offer of Scholarships
The Petroleum Engineering Department under the College of Engineering is accepting applications for the award of Petroleum Chair scholarships to pursue Post graduate studies.
Within this project, the department seeks to deliver high quality postgraduate courses, conduct and disseminate applied research focused on addressing issues on the Voltain Basin currently under development and related field challenges in Ghana. The challenges being addressed are related to exploration geology, exploration geophysics, petroleum system play analysis, oilfield flow assurance and drilling fluid developments.
The Petroleum Chair wishes to announce to the general public that applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Full & Limited Partial Funding taught and research masters.
Mode of Application
- The scholarship applicants are expected to have been admitted to study any of the following programs:
- Msc/Mphil Chemical Engineering
- Msc/Mphil Geological Engineering,
- Mphil Geophysics
- Msc/Mphil Environmental Science
- Msc/Mphil Geomatic Engineering
- Msc/Mphil Petroleum Engineering
- Msc/Mphil Electrical Engineering
- Two passport sized photographs
- Detailed CV and two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the BSc level)
- Official transcripts and certificates of BSc degrees
- Soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. two pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialization, current occupation, how the Programme will fit into your professional vision, how Ghana stands to benefit after your training.
- Soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 3 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea on any of the following
Category 1: Research External Support
- Integrated Geophysical Interpretation for Hydrocarbon Exploration in the Voltain Basin, Onshore Ghana
- Application of photogeology in understanding the geology and hydrocarbon Prospectively of the Voltain Basin, Onshore Ghana
- Reservoir Quality and Provenance studies of the Voltain Basin Sedimentary Rocks
- Outcrop mapping, facies analysis and depositional environment interpretation to predict source and reservoir potential of the Voltain basin, onshore Ghana
- Delineation of carbonate-bearing rocks on field sheets 1002d3 and part of 1002d1 within the Volta basin in the north east region of Ghana through systematic geological mapping
Category 2: Research Internal Support
- Control of BaSO4 precipitation in petroleum reservoirs by altering the reaction mechanisms
- Synthesis and design of a high temperature and high pressure (HTHP) cement sourced locally
- Bioremediation of crude oil contaminated soils
- Non-intrusive sensing for multiphase flow characterization and measurement
Submit soft copies to the following address:
Petroleum Chair Scholarship Committee
Department of Petroleum Engineering, KNUST
Deadline for submission of application forms is 15th October, 2020. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview in Kumasi OR via telephone/Skype/Zoom. The date of the interview will be communicated after short listing.
Only candidates who successfully pass through the initial vetting phase based on their submitted documents will be notified subsequently.
Please contact email@example.com for more enquiries or call 0543109810.
Invitation to ACCESS Idea CompetitionRead More
Opportunity to Obtain a Start-Up to be an EntrepreneurRead More
Disclaimer – Scholarship Application Processing FeeRead More
Admission of Candidates to Limited MPhil and MSc Engineering Programmes for the 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Stem Workshop for TeachersRead More
Call for Short-Term Students and Post Docs Scholarships 2020Read More
Admission of Candidates to Higher Degree Programmes for the 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Skills for Excellence In Science Series (SEXISS); Good Clinical Practice (GCP) 2020Read More
6th Call for Research Proposals: KNUST Research Fund (KReF) - Deadline extendedRead More
GUSSS Hostels Accommodation Portal ActivatedRead More