The counselling unit was established in 1993, purposely, to improve the welfare of students, in particular, and members of the university community, in general. Since then, the counselling unit has undertaken various activities and programmes beyond the general counselling services. It has had to assist students and the entire university community to maximise the use of service delivery. It has conducted orientation, training and workshop for students and the university community.
Our Counselling Unit offers students short-term individual counselling, assault counselling, workshops, and other services. Counselling is done individually and in a confidential setting. We believe the start to a new life in a seemingly new environment might cause certain reactions in students. The stress that comes with coping with academic requirements and other social responsibilities might plunge the minds and bodies of our students into situation that might not be very tasteful. You need not necessarily get yourself in a bad situation before you seek the help of our counsellors. Our doors are always open and our arms outstretched to give you a comforting hug and help make life conducive for our students.
- Are you finding it difficult fitting into this new environment?
- Are you having problems with your finances and or your health?
- Are there any challenges in your relationships and or personal life?
- Do you have a problem making a decision?
Visit us at the Counselling Unit of the Office of the Dean of Students (KNUST)
Come to the Counselling Unit and go out with a smile.
General Counselling Services
Services provided include:
- Psycho-educational counselling
- Psychotherapy for various issues
- Social/behavioural counselling
- Academic and Career counselling
- Emotional, Psychological and Interpersonal counselling
- Substance use and abuse/ HIV/ STI counselling
- Peer Counselling
- Liaison with faculties on various academic issues
- Liaison with hospitals on medical issues
Phone Numbers: (+233) 0208 244 000 and (+233) 03220 62976
Working Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
You can also contact us for emergencies.
We are located at the Office of the Dean of Students premises (Commercial Area).
Counsellors at the unit:
- Mrs. Victoria De-Graft Adjei
- Mr. Joseph Asamoah-Gyawu
- Mrs. Bernice Ofosuhene Peasah
- Miss. Akua Afriyie Addae
- Mr. Samuel Yawson