Sandwich Programme in BSc. Forest Resources Technology
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI
FACULTY OF FOREST RESOURCES TECHNOLOGY
SANDWICH PROGRAMME IN BSc. FOREST RESOURCES TECHNOLOGY
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Bachelor of Science in Forest Resources Technology. The KNUST in seeking to advance knowledge in Science and Technology for Sustainable Development is continuing her already instituted Long Vacation Study known and called Sandwich Programme from May–August every year at the Faculty of Forest Resources Technology, KNUST, Kumasi. This is to mitigate the increasing conflicts between Environment/Agriculture/Forest and Land Resource manager’s occupational demands and their requirement for formal training.
Duration of Programme
The BSc. Forest Resources Technology (Sandwich Programme) is structured into four intensive modules, spanning for four long vacations between the months of May to August. Thus, a period of Twelve (12) Months or Forty-eight (48) weeks allows a candidate to graduate with BSc. Forest Resources Technology.
Requirements for Admission
- A candidate should not be less than 25 years old and must possess credit passes (A-D ) in the SSSCE and (A1-C6) in the WASSCE scale in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects; English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science and passes in any three electives from Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics and Biology or General Agriculture.
- GCE candidates should not be less than 25 years and must have five credits at the Ordinary Level (O’Level) examination or equivalent including English Language, Mathematics and either (i) Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Agricultural Science or (ii) General Science, Additional General Science, and any other subject. Also, candidates should obtain two passes at the GCE Advanced Level (A ‘Level) or equivalent in Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics, and Biology or Agricultural Science.
- In addition, candidates with the relevant Diploma from KNUST, University of Ghana (UG) or its equivalent from a recognised University must have a Cumulative Weighted Average (CWA) of 60 (KNUST Diploma) and a B+ average (UG Diploma). Also those who possess Agricultural/Agroforestry/Forest Natural Resource professional Certificate/Diploma or other related field of study from recognized Institutions such as Polytechnics, Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Forestry Commission, COCOBOARD, Mining Firms, Development and Environmental Oriented Non-Governmental Organizations,etc.Short-listed candidates may be interviewed before admissions.
Mode of Application
Sale of E-Vouchers/Forms for admission shall commence on January 31, 2017.
- First of all, candidates must purchase an e-Voucher by paying an application fee of One Hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis (GH¢180.00) at GCB Bank or Ecobank.
- Upon payment of the application fee, candidates will receive an eVoucher containing an application number and PIN that will grant access to the online admissions portal.
- Candidates should then proceed to online admissions website: (Here) and begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates must print out three (3) copies of the completed application form from the portal and submit them to the Faculty of Forest Resources Technology along with all relevant documents (Photocopies of Certificates).
- Only results and/or documents provided by applicants at the time of submission of their applications shall be considered.
- Applicants must include in their application forms certified true copies of their certificates.
Deadline for the submission of application forms is Friday, April 28, 2017. Application forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Candidates who satisfy the entry requirement can contact:
Faculty of Forest Resources Technology, KNUST, Kumasi
Cell: 0506 485 794 or 0206391553 or 0208 196 241