Call for Applications for Scientific Ambassadors for Sustainable Transition (AMBITION) in Europe and Africa
AMBITION is an EU-funded project targeted at PhD students who wish to be scientific Ambassadors for Sustainable Transition in Both Europe and Africa, through a Joint Honours programme in Technical Disciplines involving seven universities and a non-governmental organisation.
Training Schedules: From October 2023.
What does the traineeship offer?
- Participation in AMBITION’s Honours Programme is fully funded and includes trips to Nairobi, Kenya (2 weeks) and Delft, The Netherlands (1 week);
- In-person and online training by researchers from 7 leading European and African universities;
- Certificate of Participation issued by the 7 partner universities. A Diploma Supplement (if applicable) or support letter will also be issued;
- Be part of an international network of Ambassadors for Sustainable Transition;
- Serve as mentors to youth to societal change through the promotion of sustainable transition;
- Present the findings of their research to relevant stakeholders via tools of the evidence-based policy making process.
What do we expect from you?
Transition will require:
- in-person attendance of at least two out of the three Sustainable Innovation Schools;
- completion of at least four modules of the online web series on Responsible Engineering (each module lasts max. 2 hours);
- serve as Ambassadors for sustainable transition by co-creating game-based learning activities for students in high schools.
To be eligible for admission, applicants are required to:
- be enrolled as PhD students with up to 3 years to graduation In a PhD programme in one of
- the partner Universities (Polimi, Chalmers, ETH Zurich, KNUST, RWTHAachen, Strathmore University, TU Delft);
- demonstrate within their CV and motivation letter;
- interest and commitment to sustainable development and the SDGs
- interest in multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary education and research
- commitment to serve as Ambassadors for sustainable development in high schools and universities
- understand English effectively and communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- commit to participating to the program for its full duration.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 15, 2023
- Motivation letter (in English) high-lighting reasons to participate and commitment of the candidate to the project (Max 1 page)
- Support Letter (in English) by the Supervisor/Tutor of the PhD
- CV (in English, including section specifying points listed in section 5, academic background and professional experiences)
- Additional Documents containing other information that may high-light experiences in innovation or experiences as trainer (Max 2 pages)
Selected applicants will be notified of the results by the beginning of August 2023.
Other important information
The text of this Call for applications contains all the information required. Nevertheless, if you have further questions, please contact the AMBITION via phdambition.org, clearly mentioning the reference of the call for applications and the nature of your request.
2023/2024 Undergraduate Admissions - College of Science and EngineeringRead More
Hackathon for University StudentsRead More
10th KNUST Summer SchoolRead More
18th International Biometric Society Sub-Saharan Africa Network (IBS-SUSAN) Biennial ConferenceRead More
Call for Facilitators - Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUSTRead More
32nd Christof Heyns African Human Rights Moot Court CompetitionRead More
Admission into PhD, MPhil, and MSc Programmes in Engineering for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for SRC-KBN Scholarship for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for KNUST Bursary for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Public Lecture by Chancellor of MITRead More