Call for Applications for Appointments of Project Officers – Mastercard Higher Institution Health Collaborative Project
THE Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, invites applications from qualified persons for appointment as PROJECT OFFICERS of Mastercard Higher Institution Health Collaborative Project at the School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences.
KNUST is one of eight partners of the Higher Education Collaborative in Health and aims to contribute to all three pillars of the health strategy: Health Employment, Health Entrepreneurship and Health Ecosystems. This includes building an empowered health workforce, with a particular focus on women, and building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that advances skills, knowledge, and mindsets to launch and sustain scalable health ventures. These programs will contribute to the advancement and attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 3, 4, 5, 8, 9 and 17 in Ghana and across Africa.
The Project Officer will be involved in the coordination of the programs and activities of one of the three pillars; Health Employment, Health Entrepreneurship and Health Ecosystem. Key tasks of the Project Officer include to:
- Assist pillar coordinators
- Organise team meetings and programs related to assigned project pillar.
- Assist Project Manager in planning of meetings and programs for the Health Collaborative.
- Coordinate and submit all pillar reports.
- Lead research-related activities of the assigned pillar.
- Work closely with Pillar Coordinators to organise short courses.
- Work closely with Project Manager to organise students recruited on designated projects
- Any other duties as assigned by the PI.
The person must
- A master’s degree in Planning, Development Studies, Public Health, Business Administration, Health Service Administration, or any closely related field.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in research administration or project coordination.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years in a management or senior level position.
- The candidate should have excellent report writing skills, oral skills, highly organised and excellent mind mapping.
Additional skills in accounting would be an advantage
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for TWELVE (12) MONTHS (renewable) for the duration of the project based on good performance. Three (3) months of the contract period shall be the probation period.
- The remuneration and Conditions of Service attached to the position are very attractive.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are requested to email the under listed documents in one (single) PDF file to email@example.com no later than MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2023, 17:00GMT.
- A cover letter (500-700 words);
- A detailed CV including the contact numbers and email addresses of three (3) referees;
- Personal philosophy/Motivation Statement; and,
- Relevant certificates.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Call for Applications for SEED Student Initiative Founder at KNUSTRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Divine Kwaku AhadzieRead More
KNUST-Enfoni Graduation PhotoshootRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Innovations ManagerRead More
Call for Applications for “H2O for Life” Summer SchoolRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Christian AgyareRead More
Call For Applications for MTN Bright Scholarship Reloaded for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
Celebration of the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development (IYBSSD-2023)Read More
Call for Applications for Appointments of Project Officers – Mastercard Higher Institution Health Collaborative ProjectRead More
2023 Virtual Graduation Ceremonies for Ministry of Health Training InstitutionsRead More