Call for Applications for Appointments at Nyansapo Eco Resort
THE Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, invites applications from qualified persons for appointment to the positions of GENERAL MANAGER and CHEF for the Nyansapo Eco Resort, Moree, Cape Coast.
The Nyansapo Eco Resort is a hospitality facility with a tranquil and serene environment making it suitable for hosting out-of-station conferences, workshops, and seminars. The mission of the Eco Resort is to be among the best in the hospitality business in the country.
A. GENERAL MANAGER
The General Manager shall, under the Board of Directors, be responsible for executing the strategic directions and oversee the overall day-to-day operations of the Nyansapo Eco Resort, including marketing and sales, with the overarching goal of creating the best guest experience possible for the Resort. The General Manager is also responsible for executing operational changes to make the Resort as efficient as possible.
The person must:
- possess a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent qualification in Hospitality Management, Tourism Management, Institutional Management or related field. A Master’s degree will be an advantage;
- understand hotel management best practices, relevant laws and guidelines with a proven track record as a Hotel Manager or similar position for at least 5 years;
- be able to develop and implement efficient marketing and sales strategies to promote the services of the Eco-Resort;
- exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, organisational skills and must be above reproach with capacity to motivate and direct staff; and
- be computer literate with knowledge in the MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge in hotel management software (PMS) will be an advantage.
B. THE CHEF
The Chef shall be responsible to the General Manager in planning and designing menus and inventory management for the kitchen/restaurant of the Resort.
The person must:
- possess a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or HND in Catering and Hospitality Management or any relevant qualification for the position;
- have a proven work experience as a Chef for at least 5 years;
- full knowledge in food production for banqueting, conferencing and restaurant facilities and consistently produce top quality food;
- must have good team and interpersonal skills;
- must have excellent knowledge in stock taking;
- must be a computer literate with knowledge in the MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENTS
- The Appointment are full-time.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the posts are attractive.
Interested candidates are requested to apply, together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (up to date), three (3) referee reports, copies of relevant certificates; and,
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the Resort for the General Manager Position.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS (GENERAL MANAGER OR CHEF) FOR NYANSAPO ECO RESORT, to the REGISTRAR, KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI, or the BOARD SECRETARY, NYANSAPO ECO RESORT, MOREE, not later than WEDNESDAY, 15TH NOVEMBER, 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
2024 KNUST Food FestivalRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Atinuke Olusola AdebanjiRead More
Call for Re-Applications for the Hulede Foundation KNUST Scholarship for 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Fresh Applications for the Hulede Foundation KNUST Scholarship for 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for Education Fondazione Scholarship for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for Educational Pathways International (EPI) Scholarships for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications For Standard Chartered Kenneth Dadzie Memorial/Standard Chartered Science Education Trust Funds Scholarship for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
KNUST Welcomes All FreshersRead More
Call for Local Supply Chain Case StudiesRead More
Graduation Ceremonies for Ministry of Health Training Institutions - 2023Read More