Appointment of Vice-Chancellor
THE GOVERNING COUNCIL of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, announces that the position of VICE-CHANCELLOR of the University shall become vacant on AUGUST 01, 2020.
Established in 1951, KNUST is the foremost and leading Science and Technology institution in Ghana and one of the most esteemed and finest in Africa. The University provides a conducive environment for teaching and research in science and technology for the industrial and socio-economic development of Ghana, Africa and other nations. Apart from excelling in teaching and research, KNUST provides entrepreneurship training within a vibrant academic setting for its students. The University has a student population of 64,187; and, a staff strength of 4,178. The University operates the collegiate system and has 7 Colleges (including an Institute of Distance Learning). The University has 6 traditional halls of residence and over 10 private hostels on campus.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Executive Head of the University and is responsible, to the Governing Council of the University, for both the Academic and Administrative functions of the University. He is charged with the promotion of quality higher education and the provision of academic and administrative leadership. He is also responsible for initiating new directions in the academic development of the University and for implementing the University’s Strategic Plan. The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the University and exercises general disciplinary functions over both members of staff and students, subject to the Statutes and Regulations of the University.
- Must be of professorial rank or equivalent;
- Must be an internationally acclaimed and distinguished scholar with a capacity to motivate and direct Staff;
- Must be visionary and be able to present a compelling academic vision that would persuade the Government, industry and other stakeholders to support the cause of the University;
- Must possess the capacity to manage and control crisis situations;
- Must exhibit leadership qualities and organisational skills;
- Must be circumspect and above reproach;
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement; and
- Must have the capacity and the network to raise funds and other resources for research and other development activities;
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS in the first instance, and may be subject to renewal for Two (2) Years (after evaluation of performance) before attaining the statutory compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60) for public office holders.
- Salary and Conditions of Service attached to the position are very attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with Eight (8) copies of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
- A 1200 word Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the University.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Vice-Chancellor, KNUST” to reach the following addresses, not later than Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor
C/o The Registrar
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Kumasi - Ghana
Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor
C/o The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Admission of Candidates to MSc Packaging Technology and Management Degree Programme for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Admission of Candidates to BSc. Top-Up Programmes in General Nursing and Midwifery for the 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications PhD and MSc Programmes in Water and EnvironmentRead More
Appointment of Vice-ChancellorRead More
Appointment of ProvostsRead More
ACCESS: Call for PhD ApplicationsRead More
Call for Applications for SRC Ketewa Biara Nsua (KBN) Bursary for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for KNUST Bursary for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Chief Security OfficerRead More