Appointment of Provosts
THE COUNCIL of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public, vacancies for the Position of PROVOSTS to the following Colleges of the University:
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
The Provost is the Head of the College. The Provost shall be responsible for providing leadership to the College and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the College in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the Act and Statutes of the University.
- Must be of Professorial Rank or equivalent Grade.
- Must be a distinguished scholar with capacity to motivate and direct staff.
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills and must be above reproach.
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for common purpose.
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
- Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities for the College.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another term of Three (3) Years (after evaluation of performance) altogether making a maximum of Six (6) Years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60) for public office holders. The Candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the Six-Year Term.
- The Successful Applicant shall be expected to assume duty by AUGUST 01, 2020.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with Six (6) copies of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Two (2) Referees; and,
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the College.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Provost, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources” OR Application for Provost, College of Health Sciences”, OR Application for Provost, College of Humanities and Social Sciences to reach the following addresses, not later than, Tuesday, 31st March, 2020.
Search Committee for Provosts
C/o The Registrar
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Kumasi - Ghana
Search Committee for Provosts
C/o The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Admission of Candidates to MSc Packaging Technology and Management Degree Programme for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Admission of Candidates to BSc. Top-Up Programmes in General Nursing and Midwifery for the 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications PhD and MSc Programmes in Water and EnvironmentRead More
Appointment of Vice-ChancellorRead More
Appointment of ProvostsRead More
ACCESS: Call for PhD ApplicationsRead More
Call for Applications for SRC Ketewa Biara Nsua (KBN) Bursary for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for KNUST Bursary for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Chief Security OfficerRead More