Call for Applications for the 1st KNUST SEG Geophysics Field Camp
The 1st KNUST SEG Geophysics Field Camp is open to geoscience students at any Ghanaian University. We are looking forward to hosting 18 students from across Universities in Ghana. We are now accepting applications.
The Field Camp aims to advance the field of geophysics and geoarchaeology and train a new generation of geoscientists by exploring the use of geophysics for archaeological investigations in slavery-related heritage studies in south-eastern part of Ghana. Tracing the different slave routes and the living condition of enslaved people is essential for enriching historical contexts and providing a proper understanding of the varied nature of the trade in enslaved peoples. This project will help discover relics of slavery such as shackles, rifles, unearthed remains, pottery, beads, and evidence of cultural practices, illuminating enslaved people's living conditions.
The KNUST SEG Geophysics Field Camp is a collaboration between the Department of Physics, KNUST, the Department of Archaeology and Heritage Studies, the University of Ghana and the KNUST Geophysical Society. The field camp is funded by the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) Foundation.
- Applicants must have taken basic courses in Geophysics or Geoscience.
- Applicants must be final year undergraduate students or postgraduate students.
- Applicants must be in good physical condition to participate.
- Complete an application form
- Upload a CV and Statement of Purpose in pdf format.
- Upload a letter of recommendation from a faculty member in your department of study.
Field Camp Information
- The field camp will take place in the first two weeks of October 2022.
- Accommodation, cost of food, transportation at camp, and all camp operating expenses for the duration of the field camp are entirely free.
- Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from KNUST Kumasi to begin the pre-field camp training.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr. Cyril D. Boateng, Field Camp Director
Department of Physics, College of Science
055 958 0392
Call for Applications for KNUST Bursary for 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for the Next Competition of the Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship ProgramRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes at the Department of Petroleum EngineeringRead More
Call for Applications for the 1st KNUST SEG Geophysics Field CampRead More
International Conference on Frontiers in Cyber Security, 2022Read More
Call for Applications for Consultancy PositionsRead More
Public Lecture on Constitutional ReviewRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Provost of the College of EngineeringRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Manager – KNUST Bottling Limited CompanyRead More
Admission of Candidates to Limited Partial Funding Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More