Call for Applications for Appointment as Chief of Party - USAID/West Africa ASSESS Project
USAID/West Africa Analytical Support Services and Evaluations for Sustainable Systems in Agriculture, Environment and Trade (ASSESS) project is seeking candidates for Chief of Party (COP). The project is based in Accra, Ghana and covers West African countries receiving funding from United States Agency for International Development, West Africa Regional Economic Growth Office (USAID/WA/REGO). The ASSESS project provides program evaluations and research, monitoring, knowledge, and information management (including learning events), and other support services to USAID/WA/REGO. The project is implemented by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in partnership with The University of Rhode Island (URI), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and other partner Universities in the U.S. and West Africa.
The COP is a local hire recruitment (i.e., recruited in Ghana and based in Ghana). Any nationality is eligible to apply under these conditions if the candidate has, or can obtain, legal status to work in Ghana. ASSESS project is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of affirmative action.
Key COP Responsibilities:
- Program leadership, management, and implementation in collaboration with ASSESS Partners.
- Maintaining a strong and responsive relationship with the USAID/WA/REGO.
- Establishing scopes of work and budgets, coordinating, overseeing, and participating in implementation of project services in response to REGO requests.
- Ensuring quality products and services delivered on schedule.
- Financial planning and execution of approved budgets in compliance with financial and administrative policies and procedures of USDA, USAID, KNUST, and URI.
- Supervision of ASSESS office administrative/finance and technical staff, finalizing recruitment of new technical and administrative staff and managing a roster of available local, regional, and international technical experts.
- Timely and accurate program and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to act as primary in-country liaison for the project with USAID/REGO using a highly responsive service-oriented approach to understanding REGO needs and providing high quality, timely outcomes that fully achieve identified objectives and add value.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain regular and open lines of communication with the USAID/REGO ASSESS AOR, REGO Team Leader and REGO Technical team leads.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree related to management and administration or related to technical fields in development programs in agriculture, trade, the environment or monitoring and evaluation.
- An experienced leader and manager with a minimum of 7 years professional experience in management and administration or in agriculture, trade, the environment or monitoring and evaluation, preferably in West Africa. Experience must include supervising staff, human resources management, procurement, budgeting and financial management, management of contracted technical experts and consultants.
- Experience preparing terms of reference and budgets for consultant contracts and supervising contractor performance and technical and financial reporting.
- Significant experience managing U.S. Government and international donor funded projects and programs, including compliance with U.S. Government rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Demonstrated high level competency in writing and editing of professional technical reports and other written products in English.
- Demonstrated experience in leading inter-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and managing several major activities simultaneously. Highly organized and able to deliver quality work on tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated representational skills. Ability to maintain favourable public relations.
- Ability to travel to any of the 21 countries of West and Central Africa covered by the project in a timely manner.
- Highly computer and internet literate.
- The following additional qualifications are preferred, but not required: 1) French fluency (spoken and written); 2) West Africa regional professional experience; 3) Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation; 4) Experience working with Universities; and 5) Previous experience heading and managing an office.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae by e-mail with “ASSESS COP” in the subject line to: Kim Kaine (email@example.com, copy Meimuna Diakite (firstname.lastname@example.org) No later than Friday, December 18, 2020, 5pm Accra time.
Call for Applications for appointment as Research and Training CoordinatorRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Project Accountant at KNUST Engineering Education ProjectRead More
Call for Applications for Appointments at Faculty of Law, KNUSTRead More
Call for Applications for Edu Fondazione Scholarship for 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for Educational Pathways International (EPI) Scholarships For 2020/2021 Academic YearRead More
Virtual Graduation Ceremonies for Ministry of Health Training InstitutionsRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Chief of Party - USAID/West Africa ASSESS ProjectRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Activity and Evaluations Manager USAID/West Africa ASSESS ProjectRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Accountant at the Office of Grants and Research (OGR) - Internal AdvertisementRead More
Call for Applications for the Recruitment of a Laboratory Instrumentation Manager for RWESCKRead More