Admission of Candidates to Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
WASSCE/SSSCE/ADVANCED LEVEL/MATURE/ABCE/GBCE AND IB CANDIDATES
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that application e-vouchers to Degree/Top-Up programmes of study at the University for the 2023/2024 Academic Year are now on sale.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXAMINATION RESULTS AS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE WRITING WASSCE IN AUGUST/ SEPTEMBER 2023 ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
The Sale of E-Voucher for the online Application is open to the following Applicants:
1. WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credit passes (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credit passes (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects, with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
2. ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credit passes in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least Three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
3. GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three Compulsory Subjects including English Language and Mathematics and passes in any Three Elective Subjects.
4. ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
5. MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application. Applicants must satisfy the entry requirements for the chosen programme in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
- GCE ADVANCE LEVE Holders Credit passes in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
- GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three Compulsory Subjects including English Language and Mathematics and passes in any Three Elective Subjects.
- ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study,
- HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
6. FOREIGN APPLICANTS and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
7. Applicants from French speaking Countries must in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement provide a minimum of one-year English Proficiency Certificate.
Points of Sale:
ALL GHANA POST REGIONAL AND DESIGNATED OFFICES
Application Processing Fee:
- GHANAIAN APPLICANTS - GH¢ 250.00.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS - USD 150.00.
GHANAIAN APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE E-VOUCHER FROM THE GHANA POST OFFICES or dial *447*160# on ALL NETWORKS and follow the prompts.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TWO (2) COPIES OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS ARE TO GENERATE AN E-VOUCHER FROM THE UNIVERSITY’S ADMISSION PORTAL (HERE!) AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS) KNUST, KUMASI, GHANA ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2023.
MATURE APPLICANTS ARE, HOWEVER, REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS BY FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2023.
Any HAND DELIVERED Application shall not be PROCESSED.
ANY APPLICATION THAT IS NOT FULLY AND/ OR PROPERLY COMPLETED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED AND/OR CONSIDERED.
Applicants Should Take Note of the Following:
- Only names that appear on the examination slip(s) shall be recognised by the university.
- Only results and/or documents provided by applicants at the time of submission of application shall be considered.
- Applicants (excluding awaiting results candidates) shall include in their application forms photocopies of their results slips and/or relevant certificates.
- Applicants shall include a certified true copy of their birth certificate.
- Applicants shall include one passport-size photograph with a light green background.
- An applicant’s failure to input examination details (i.e., Index number and year of exams) and/ or other relevant information properly online shall deny him/herself admission.
- Admissions to all programmes of study at the university are transparently administered by the Central Undergraduate Admissions Committee without any other considerations and/ or solicitations. Any applicant who makes any form of solicitation to any person or group of persons for the purpose of influencing and/or gaining admission into the university does so at his/her own risk.
- Mandatory requirement: all applicants are required to visit the University’s website at https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/ to complete their application process online. Applicants are to use the login and pin number provided on the e-voucher for this purpose.
- Applicants are to note that upon release of the WAEC results, the admission portal would be opened for One (1) Week for applicants to make any amendments with respect to their names, index numbers, year of examination, choice of programmes, etc.
- The following programmes are available at the Obuasi Campus of the University:
- BSc. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BSc. Civil Engineering
- BSc. Materials Engineering
- BSc. Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering
- BSc. Geomatic Engineering
- BSc. Geological Engineering
- BSc. Environmental Science
- BSc. Business Administration (Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Business Information Technology)
- BSc. Business Administration (Human Resource Management/Management)
- BSc. Business Administration (Marketing/International Business)
- BSc. Business Administration (Accounting/Banking and Finance)
- BSc. Nursing
- BSc. Midwifery
- BSc. Medical Laboratory Sciences
- All Top- Up programmes are fee-paying only. Top-up programmes include:
- BSC BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (HND HOLDERS)
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY (PHARM D) TWO (2) YEARS
- Applicants must be practicing Pharmacist with three (3) years post registration experience.
- Applicants for Top-Up programmes are required to submit their completed online application to the Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, KNUST, Kumasi & Head, KNUST Office, Accra, on or before Friday, September 29, 2023.
Call for Applications for SONSOL Project for Postgraduate Students for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
KNUST Ranks Number One (1) Globally in Terms of (SDG 4) Quality EducationRead More
Call for Applications for SONSOL (Support One Needy Student with One Laptop) Project for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
Professorial Inaugural Lecture by Professor Michael Poku-BoansiRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for the 2023/2024 Academic YearRead More
Appointment of Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) – Centre for Applied Research Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA), KNUSTRead More
PhD Poster PresentationRead More
Call for Applications for Scientific Ambassadors for Sustainable Transition (AMBITION) in Europe and AfricaRead More
Admission of Candidates into Bachelor of Science Top-Up Programmes in Nursing, Midwifery, Emergency Nursing and Public Health Nursing for the 2022/2023 Academic YearRead More
KNUST Research WeekRead More