MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2014
MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM AT KNUST
…Exceeding Limits, Transform.
Our goal is to raise transformational leaders to influence change on the African Continent.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education. It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid accommodation, learning materials and uniforms, transportation and stipend
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build relationships and scholar capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community service and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back) and uniquely sourced internship.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni
For the 2014/2015 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- ALL STUDENTS FROM THE 303 LESS ENDOWED SCHOOLS (classified by the GHANA EDUCATION SERVICE) who satisfy KNUST’s admission requirements
- However, attention will be given to students outside the less endowed schools with extremely critical needs.
- International students from provable economically vulnerable background
- Girls and physically challenged applicants will be given top priority
- A preference for Science students; however, all subjects are considered
HOW TO APPLY
Download a copy of the application form from www.knust.edu.gh
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Applications close at 17:00GMT, 30th April, 2014(CLOSED)
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews to be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Office of the Dean of Students, 26th -30th June, 2014
- Final Selection will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of ALL examination results and door to door visits of SUCCESSFUL candidates will be conducted.
- Award of the Scholarship will be announced two weeks before the start of the Semester.
PLEASE NOTE WELL:
- There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of this process
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to a disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
- The decisions of the SELECTION COMMITTEE, also constituted by the Vice Chancellor are FINAL.
- Telephone numbers provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all time to receive critical information.
- For further enquiry and assistance, please CONTACT the Secretariat on 0208244000/ 0322062975 Or email us at email@example.com