Appointment of Provosts
THE COUNCIL of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public, that the position of PROVOST to the following Colleges of the University would be vacant effective 1st August, 2019:
- COLLEGE OF SCIENCE;
- COLLEGE OF ART AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT
The Provost is the Head of the College. The Provost is responsible for providing leadership to the College and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the College in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the Act and Statutes of the University.
- Must be of professorial rank or equivalent grade.
- Must be a distinguished scholar with capacity to motivate and direct staff.
- Must exhibit a high sense of leadership qualities and organisational skills and must be above reproach.
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for common purpose.
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
- Must be able to attract grants for research and development activities in the College.
- Must be able to serve a full THREE-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60).
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another term of Three (3) Years after evaluation of performance, altogether making a maximum of Six (6) Years. The Candidate may opt to be a faculty member after serving the six-year term before attaining the statutory retiring age of 60.
- The Successful Applicant shall be expected to assume duty by AUGUST 01, 2019.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with Six (6) copies of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Two (2) Referees; and,
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the College (font size 12 with 1.5-line spacing).
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “APPLICATION FOR PROVOST, COLLEGE OF SCIENCE” OR APPLICATION FOR PROVOST, COLLEGE OF ART AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT, to reach the following addresses, not later than, 26th April, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
Search Committee for Provosts
C/o The Registrar
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag, University Post Office
Kumasi - Ghana
Search Committee for Provosts
C/o The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Applications are Invited from Suitably Qualified Candidates for Admission into Bachelor of Education (B.Ed. Junior High School Specialism)Read More
Call for Applications for AGEA Summer School 2019Read More
Call for Applications for Standard Chartered Scholarships for 2018/2019 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for 3 PhD PositionsRead More
Partial Funding; 2019 Admission into PhD and MSc Programmes in Water and EnvironmentRead More
Public Lecture; Why do the Asante vote for the New Patriotic Party in National Elections?Read More
Appointment of ProvostsRead More
Call for Applications for KNUST Bursary 2019/2020 Academic YearRead More
Call for Participation: Building Capacity of Female Scientists in Data Analysis for Decision Making and Strategic PlanningRead More
Call for Applications for Full Scholarship into PhD Programme in Climate Change and Land UseRead More