Appointment of Director, Institute of Educational Studies, KNUST
The Governing Council of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public, a vacancy for the position of Director of the Institute of Educational Studies of the University.
With more than half a century of experience in science and technology education at the tertiary level in Ghana, KNUST now seeks to influence science education in Ghana by venturing into the training of teachers for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in the basic and secondary education sectors in Ghana. KNUST is of the view that this is the only way to guarantee a steady flow of STEM graduates from the secondary to the tertiary level in Ghana. By this venture KNUST seeks to contribute significantly towards the Government’s educational reform policy of strengthening and up scaling STEM education from the basic level.
The Director is the Head of the Institute and shall provide academic and administrative leadership to the Institute. He shall also provide strategic direction for the Institute within the context of the University’s strategic plan; liaise with the Affiliations Office to coordinate the activities of the Affiliate Colleges of Education; liaise with the Ministry of Education and other relevant bodies and professional teachers’ association to ensure products of the Institute meet relevant standards and requirements; and ensure appropriate branding to project the Institute in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the Act and Statutes of the University.
- Must be of professorial rank or equivalent grade;
- Must preferably have a higher degree in Basic Education and/or pedagogy
- Must be a distinguished scholar with capacity to motivate and direct staff;
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills and must be above reproach;
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be visionary, business-oriented, and able to establish rapport with the Ministry of Education and the Affiliate Colleges of Education for common purpose;
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement; and
- Must be able to serve a full THREE-YEAR Term of Office before his/her SIXTIETH (60TH) BIRTHDAY.
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be renewed for another term of THREE (3) YEARS, subject to evaluation of performance, altogether making a maximum of SIX (6) YEARS. The Candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the Two Terms by his/her SIXTIETH (60th) BIRTHDAY
- The Successful Applicant shall be expected to assume duty by January 01, 2019.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with SIX (6) copies of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the Institute.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “APPLICATION FOR DIRECTOR, INSTITUTE OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, KNUST” to reach the addresses below, not later than, November 15, 2018
Search Committee for Director, IES
C/o The Registrar
Kwame Nkrumah University
of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
KNUST – Kumasi, Ghana
OR The Chairman
Search Committee for Director, IES
C/o The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2019/2020 Academic Year (EIST)Read More
Admission of Candidates to Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the 2019/2020 Academic Year- Obuasi CampusRead More
Appointment of Project Manager and Project Accountant at TRECK, KNUSTRead More
Appointment of Project Manager and Project Accountant at the Africa Centre of Excellence (ACE) for Engineering Education and Research, KNUSTRead More
Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2019/2020 Academic YearRead More
Appointment of Medical OfficersRead More
Applications are Invited from Suitably Qualified Candidates for Admission into Bachelor of Education (B.Ed. Junior High School Specialism)Read More
Call for Applications for AGEA Summer School 2019Read More
Call for Applications for Standard Chartered Scholarships for 2018/2019 Academic YearRead More
Call for Applications for 3 PhD PositionsRead More