Admission of Candidates into MSc. Transportation Planning
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO RESEARCH OR HIGHER DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR 2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING IN COLLABORATION WITH DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Master of Science (MSc) in Transportation Planning
- The MSc. Transportation Planning programme is an inter-collegiate programme developed jointly by the Department of Planning (College of Art and Built Environment) and the Department of Civil Engineering (College of Engineering) with support from École Polytechnique Fédérale de Laussane (EPFL), Switzerland. The introduction of the programme forms part of the Ghana Urban Mobility and Accessibility Project (GUMAP) of the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD) with sponsorship from the Swiss Economic Cooperation (SECO). As a result, the process of developing the programme included a series of consultations with several stakeholders, including the two KNUST colleges (College of Art and Built Environment and College of Engineering), MLGRD, EPFL and SECO
- The programme targets young and mid-career professionals specializing or seeking to specialize in Transportation Planning. Graduates of the Programme will fit in the Transportation Departments of the Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs); Transportation Ministries; Private Transport Operator Organizations; Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning and Urban Planning Firms; and Academic and Research Institutions in Ghana and in Africa.
The duration of the Master programme is 12 calendar months (1 year), starting in August, 2018.
The following shall be admission requirements for prospective students:
- A minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) degree, or its equivalent, in Planning, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Geography, Architecture, Building Technology, Construction Management, Development Studies and any field of specialization relevant to the programme from a recognized University;
- Candidates with B-Tech with at least 2 years’ working experience in the relevant disciplines may be admitted after passing an interview;
- Applicants whose working language is not English must show proficiency in both spoken and written English. Where necessary, arrangements will be made with the Department of Languages of the University to offer proficiency course in English prior to embarking on the programme; and
- Relevant field experience will be an advantage.
Mode of Application
- Candidates must purchase an eVoucher by paying an application fee of Two Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis (GH¢220.00) at the following banks: GCB, Ecobank or uniBank.
- Upon payment of the application fee, candidates will receive an eVoucher containing an application number and PIN that will grant access to the online admissions portal.
- Candidates should then proceed to online admissions website: https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/ and begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates must print out 3 copies of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies along with all relevant documents (Photocopies of Certificates, Recommendation Letters, and [Transcript for those attending KNUST for the first time]) to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies
NB: Additional copy of the application form and all relevant documents should be sent to the email address:
Deadline for the submission of application forms is Friday, 29th June, 2018
Application forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Only candidates who successfully gain admission will be notified subsequently.
NB: All International Applicants must apply online. International applicants who are admitted will be required to pay an application fee of USD 200.00 before registration.
For further enquiries you may contact
School of Graduate Studies
Or call 0201332816 / 0201332812
Those who intend to pursue distance learning programmes SHOULD NOT purchase these forms/eVouchers but rather contact the Institute of Distance Learning on 0500482885 / 0247274661