The Ghana Geographical Association (GGA) and Ghana Geography Teachers Association (GGTA) is organising its 2012 Annual Conference at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), under the theme: Environmental Sustainability and Development: The Geographer’s Perspective.
The programme which is scheduled to end on the 4th of August will see participants deliberate on issues pertaining to environmental sustainability and the role Geographers play to enhance sustainable development in Ghana.
In his welcome address, Professor Peter Donkor, the Pro-Vice Chancellor of the KNUST said the University is always proud to be associated with such programmes since they are always a platform for research. He said the environment influences the quality of our lives and programmes aimed at sustaining the environment are also aimed at sustaining lives. He added that the theme for the programme is very appropriate and was optimistic the conference would provide a positive result that will help address some environmental issues the Country is battling with.
Emeritus Professor Elizabeth Ardayfio-Schandorf, the Chairperson for the programme said she was enthused by the theme for this year’s conference as in her own perspective; Geographers in the country are treading the right path. She stressed that the decision by Geographers to deliberate on environmental sustainability will go a long way to help the Country. She was hopeful good recommendations would be made to enhance environmental sustainability.
Dr. (Mrs.) Eva Tagoe-Darko, the President of the GGA, said the theme for the conference is aimed at looking at environmental factors within sustainable development. She said participants would discuss the theme while papers would be presented by some researchers in Geography.
More Recent News
- 21-May Project Proposal Workshop at KNUST
- 21-May Danish Universities And Companies Donate To KNUST
- 14-May Chief of Army Staff, Ghana Visits KNUST
- 14-May School Of Veterinary Medicine Gets New Bus
- 14-May Tel Aviv University Explores Cooperation with KNUST
- 13-May KNUST Organises Dinner Dance for Athletes
- 13-May Art Lecturer Receives Outstanding Coordinator's Award
- 06-May Danish Team Visits KNUST
- 02-May Ramapo College Initiates Exchange Programmes with KNUST
- 30-Apr KNUST Participates In Recruitment Event
It is announced for the information of the general public and all prospective Ghanaian, International and Postgraduate Applicants that Application to Programmes at the University for the 2013/2014 Academic year is now open